- Social Media: If you engage with our social media accounts, such as Twitter and Facebook, we may receive personal information about you. If you use these networks, their privacy policies apply, and you are encouraged to read them.
- Cookies are used to remember your Waterfox language preference and Waterfox add-ons. They also assist with user sign-in and authentication so you can bypass entering your passwords on certain Waterfox websites.
- IP addresses are used to customize communications by language and country.
- Google Analytics, which places a cookie on your device, to obtain metrics on how users engage with our websites. This helps us to improve site content.
You can control individual cookie preferences, indicate your cookie preferences to others, and opt-out of web analytics and optimization tools.
Do Not Track: Mozilla does not track users across third party websites to provide targeted advertising. If you have configured your browser to send a “Do Not Track” signal when accessing our websites, Mozilla will not utilize any of the tools described in the Metrics section.
Analytics & Optimization: Follow the instructions below to prevent data collection about your visits to Waterfox websites:
- Google: Install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, which keeps your visits anonymous and prohibits data transmission to Google Analytics. Some Mozilla.org pages use clear GIFs which communicate with DoubleClick to understand the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns; you can control personalized ads from DoubleClick in Google's ad settings (you will be prompted to sign-into your Google Account).
Social Media: The social sharing buttons on Waterfox websites are designed not to share data with the social media provider until you specifically click the button.
Some Waterfox websites allow you to make a donation. These transactions are processed by third parties, and not Waterfox.
- Payment Processing: Waterfox does not receive any financial information, which is transmitted from you to our third party vendors for processing. The name of the third party will be displayed at the time of the transaction.